This service offers up-to-date, online views of customer utility accounts, while also providing several convenient payment options.
From the comfort of home, citizens can review such information as payment history, pending payments, and account status.
Manage and Pay Your Utility Bill
Click on Quick Pay to Make a Payment without Enrolling
You will need your utility account number (located on the upper left side of your utility bill) and a credit/debit card information.We accept Visa, MasterCard and Discover.
- Go to Online Services for Utility Accounts
- Click Continue to Go to Online Site
- Click on Quick Pay (left-hand menu option)
- Enter in Account number
- Click on Pay button
- Verify account information, then enter in dollar amount of payment
- You will be directed to our payment processor (Paymentus). This is a secured payment site.
Manage Your Account Online
- If you have forgotten your Password, you may select password reset and follow steps.
- Go to the Login (Upper Right-Hand Corner)
- Click on the Reset Password link on the lower left had corner.
- Enter your email address.
Note: There are (2)Two Options to Reset Your Password:
- Send Email:
- -This option will send email to your email address with an email link to reset password.
- -This option can be done within this same site. Answer the security questions to reset password (The answers are not case sensitive).
- -Once you have answered the security questions, click on the orange Continue Button (lower right hand side).
- -Your password must have 1 uppercase letter 1 number and a minimum of 6 characters.
- -Enter in New Password and Confirm Password. Your password will be updated.
- -Then click on the Login link. Re-enter your email address and newly established password.
How to Change eMail Address
- Create a new user
- Use a new email address or create one
- Add account number and due date
- Follow instructions for first time user.
How to Edit My Credit Card Information
1. If you had previously stored your credit card information and wish to continue to pay using this method, please be sure to verify your Wallet information. Go to Edit My Profile, then to Maintain Wallet.
2. If your credit card has expired, you will need to un-enroll from Autopay and re-enroll with new credit card information.
NOTICE: If your utility bill account is currently enrolled into Autopay and has billed, this is considered to be in PENDING payment status. If you have a pending payment, please contact Customer Service at (352) 728-9800 to assist you with this process as you will not be able to un-enroll and re-enroll without assistance from our Customer Service Team.
Auto Pay Enrollment-Sign up for Automatic Payments
Pay your utility bill online through using your credit/debit card information.
Manage E-Billing - Go Paperless
Receive your utility bill securely and electronically to your email inbox. No more paper invoices getting lost or misplaced. (FREE)
First Time Registering with Us
First-time users must complete the following steps to view your account information. You must have an email account to register. For further assistance, call Leesburg Customer Service at (352) 728-9800.
- Users must have email.
- Go to Create New User tab (upper right-hand corner).
- Create a new password, a password reminder and enter your email address. The password must have 1 uppercase letter 1 number and a minimum of 6 characters. Provide security questions and answers.
- Next, click on Exit. You will receive an email (from C2GAdministrator). Please open the email, and click on the link within that email to complete the registration process.
- After you have clicked on the link to complete the registration process, a screen will appear that states your account has been enabled. Your registration process is now complete.
- Then, Click the Log-on (upper right-hand corner). Use your email address and new password for all future logons.
- Use the Select Account function (the left-hand side menu) to add your account, then Edit Master, Add Account. Enter your account number. The account number must be entered exactly as shown on the utility bill with the dash and no spaces, such as 123456-678999. Add your most recent bill due date using the drop down calendar. Submit.
As of June 17, 2018:
The support of end-of-life TLS cipher suites of TLS Protocol versions 1.0 and 1.1 may impact the access to this site. Supported Web Browsers for TLS 1.2 Support for Protocols are available for the following browsers:Google Chrome v.30
Mozilla Firefox v.27 Microsoft
Internet Explorer v10 (2013)
Microsoft Edge (all versions)
Apple Safari v.7
You will need to ensure TLS 1.2 is enabled.To check the Microsoft Internet Explorer browser, you can perform the following steps:
- Open Internet Explorer
- From the menu bar, click Tools > Internet Options > Advanced tab
- Scroll down to Security category, manually check the option box for Use TLS 1.2